Thursday, June 13, 2013

Food and Family or Food and Friends - no difference

When Jim and I officially moved to Naples over two years ago, we I was concerned there would not be people our age.  I was always told Naples was "God's waiting room".  Boy were they wrong.  We have been fortunate to have made many great friendships that will last our lifetime.

This week was a great example as two friends, Lynne and Kimberly took me to Tulia Osteria to celebrate my upcoming birthday.  It was a month early, but I will be sipping a nice glass of chilled vermentino at some small cafe in Italy on the actual day.  Tulia Oteria opened on 5th Avenue in Naples this season and their food as well as the decor is welcomed.  We went the night of their new seasonal menu and while a little nervous, we were not disappointed!

Our shared appetizers were the Burrata with local peaches, watercress and toasted pistachios and the Wood Charred Octopus with english peas, guanciale, mint and manchego.  They were both outstanding.


For our entrees, we ordered the Tortelli with smashed cauliflower, buttered lobster, house pancetta and calabrian chile, the Creste di Gallo with grilled swordfish, melted heirloom tomatoes and pistachios and the last entree was the Atlantic Swordfish with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and salmoriglio.  We were all fully satisfied and smiling.  I think the only issue is their service is quite slow.  I had been there for lunch one afternoon and it was the same.  Thank you again girlfriends for the fabulous night!






And then on the very next night Jim and I were so happy to be with our wonderful friends to celebrate Larry and Diane's 40th wedding anniversary.


The smiles say it all.  Thank you friends for a fabulous night and happy anniversary to The True's.  The only thing missing were The Tenaglia's!  I know I said it before, but I'll say it again.  Friend's make the world go round and we will get to do this all over again tonight at The Bazan's and with Dan and Michelle on Sunday!

I'll be heading back to Boston soon for our annual girlfriend weekend.  See you soon ladies!

Fino a quel momento,

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment