Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our New Life Begins...


It's been quite a while since I was able to create a meal, let alone write as we were preparing our big move from Boston, Massachusetts to Naples, Florida.  Well, we made it through the packing, saying good-bye to our wonderful family and good friends and the long drive of over 1,500 miles.  I think we only wanted to kill each other once.

While it has been a bittersweet time in my life, it has always been the plan.  Jim and I knew this was where we wanted to land.  In fact, to make the transition easier, we left just before it began to snow, yet again and arrived to a week of sunshine with temperatures in the low 80's.  I will continue to build my business in the sunshine state, create delicious, healthy meals and look forward to the best family and friends in the world visiting us.

After we unpacked, I headed to the grocery store to stock up on food and made a dinner of tilapia, asparagus and sweet potatoes.  I focused (mostly) on healthy, great looking produce.  It was nice to finally prepare food again and eat healthy after two weeks of dining out.  I am also curious as to how, if at all, my food will change in the warmth of the south.  I found something new yesterday, lemon plums.  That is what excites me.  Finding something I never heard of and using it to create a tasty dish.  More to come on that...

Just this morning, I joined an organic produce co-op and will begin to create meals as I did with my CSA from last season.  I am excited to see how it differs from the produce up north.

Stay tuned and follow our new journey.  Remember, a good life deserves good food...

Fino e quel momento (until that time)

LID

No comments:

Post a Comment