Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tonight's The Night...

Every day has special meaning.  After all, life IS good and we are lucky to be part of it in any shape or form.  I know this blog is based on food and family along with pictures and recipes, but tonight, I was fortunate enough to experience one of those special night's.  It's not like it wasn't family.  I was with Jim and Judy is always considered a "Sista" to me.  The night started out slow, very slow as we ate dinner at our club house.  The food wasn't exceptional, but I was out spending quality time with Jim, Judy, Dave and our good friend Ann Marie. 

Here we were trying to show Annie a good time in Naples and Judy made reservations for us to have dinner during a celebration for Veterans Day with most of the other diners quite a lot older than us.  Not that we are children, but tonight it appeared we were babies.

What began as a boring night with dinner and questionable music turned out to be a fabulous night.  I'm thinking the three of us ladies were able to enhance the night of many other dinner guests as we danced the night away.  Judy, being the ring leader, led the charge and had people up and dancing with us all night long.  We had people coming up to us, asking if they could join us!  If someone tried to sit, Judy was right behind them, pulling them back to the dance floor. 

I can't tell you how many people Judy told tonight that we have been friends since we were 14 and that Annie introduced her to her husband.  I actually think some people thought we WERE the entertainment! 

We laughed, danced, sang and had the time of our lives.  Now I need to sleep...

Fino a quel momento (until that time)

LID

No comments:

Post a Comment