Friday, October 8, 2010

Three Sista Salsa


Salsa is such an easy dish to make and many people do, but I have to admit I've always picked it up at the store or farmer's market.  That is until today!  With this year providing so many tomatoes each week of our CSA pick-up from http://www.thefoodproject.org/, I decided to give it a try and make one for my Sista's. 

Wow is all I can say.  Easy, tasty and fast to make.  I looked up a few recipes and decided to try my own Tre Corsi version.  Here's to you Sista's!

Three Sista Salsa

4 Red and Orange Tomatoes 
1 Small onion
1 Green pepper
1 Clove garlic
1 Lime
2 Teaspoons of my homemade Habanero Hot Sauce (hot, hot, hot)
Salt & Pepper

Chop tomatoes small
Dice onion, garlic and green pepper
Squeeze the lime into mixture
Add sauce, salt and pepper to taste and it's done!

I covered and placed it in the refrigerator for a few hours for the flavors to blend. Could it be any easier?  Give it a try.  You'll be glad you did  Let me know if you would like the recipe for the hot sauce or head to the store and get one that will work for you.  

Fino e quel momento (Until that time)

LID

1 comment:

  1. I do love salsa, and nothing beats homemade!! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!

    ReplyDelete