Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kale Chips - Really?


Today I decided to move out of my comfort zone and try a new snack.  Using Kale?  Can that be possible?  I was amazed to find dozens of recipes on the internet and can't believe I never heard of using kale as a snack.  I only began eating kale within the past year after I found out it contained loads of vitamins and all things good.  Prior, it was used as a garnish for my dish creations.  Now I realize what a waste that was.

My sister Angela looked like I had four heads when I told her what my plan was today.  She said "kale?, the green?"  So for Angela, here goes...

Baked Kale Chips

1 Bunch of kale
Olive Oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 300
Wash and dry Kale
Shred kale in pieces away from the stem



Place in bowl, add olive oil and salt - mix
Bake on sheet pans in a single layer for approximately 20 minutes.


Cool and eat!


Honest to goodness, they taste like you are eating potato chips and IT'S GOOD FOR YOU! 

Have a great week everyone. 

fino a quel momento (until that time)

LID

1 comment: