Monday, August 30, 2010

Green Goddess Dipping Sauce

I'm in heaven with the beauty of our colorful vegetables and herbs sitting in my kitchen each week.  Much of my time is spent pouring myself into cookbooks, magazines and online sites to find new recipes.  It's a pleasure I have today while I continue to ramp up my catering and biscotti business.

Earlier in the week I had a small tasting dinner for a couple of friends as I am always trying to find new and creative dishes to add to my repertoire.  One of my guests was my very good friend Judy and I always love cooking for her as I know her taste and she is a good judge of what is good and what needs more work.  i.e., fussy gal...


A beautiful bundle of dill was in our bounty this week and I focused on finding a creative way to showcase it.  I found a recipe for Green Goddess Dipping Sauce and have now used it with two appetizers.  I created what I call, Petite Ricotta Spinach Puffs and also used it with shrimp as a dipping sauce.  Both will be listed on my menu. 



Green Goddess Dipping Sauce

3/4 Cup sour cream
1/2 Cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
1/2 Cup mayonnaise
1 Scallion, chopped
1 Tablespoon firmly packed fresh dill leaves
1 Tablespoon firmly packed fresh tarragon eaves
2 Teaspoons lemon zest
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Garlic clove
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon pepper

Process the first 11 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape sides as needed.  Cover and chill one hour before serving.  Garnish with dill sprigs.  This will keep for one week.

This had a nice clean, fresh taste and I am sure it could be used in many other ways.  How about potato salad? 

Have a great week everyone and enjoy the warm weather while it's here!

Fino a quel momento (until that time)

LID

No comments:

Post a Comment