Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Newest "Favorite" Kitchen Item

Yes, I have plenty of favorite things in my kitchen, but yesterday I found another.  In class, our instructor Chef Barbara began the day by telling us we would be seeing a demonstration of a great new gadget and you saw in her eyes how excited she was.  That only made me anxious until we began working on our vegetables.  How excited was I when she pulled the World Cusine Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer out of the box!    I usually get excited when I find a new toy, oh I mean tool to use in the kitchen, but this one went beyond excitement. 

How easy was it to cut a squash in pieces, place it on one end and begin to turn the handle.  That was it and I believe there were three different types of blades to use and get creative.  I am not great at taking video's, but I believe this will give you an idea of how this spiral slicer works and how beautiful it will make any dish.



We used the spaghetti slicer blade for our lunch and added a basil pesto, but you can see from the video, it also has a thick attachment that spirals as well as one more that I did not see demonstrated.  Our dish was made using raw squash, but I'm thinking a light saute with a small amount of garlic and oil would make it quite tasty and great looking.   

I already made my purchase and it should arrive to my home before I get there next week.  I have been focused on all the vegetables I could use with this new kitchen item and it will have a place right next to the box that holds my pasta making tools. 

I cannot wait to return to Boston and make homemade pasta, take my abundant squash supply from our CSA and add these adorable spiral ribbons to a dish for my husband.

You really do need to check this out World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer  and think about getting it for your kitchen.  You will LOVE it!

Remember, a good life deserves good food...

Fino a quel momento (until that time)

LID

No comments:

Post a Comment