Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Garlic Scape Pesto

One last word on my newest taste sensation - garlic scapes.  They are now just past their prime in our area but last week I was able to take as much as my heart wanted from our farm share.  I found a recipe out there in blog world that made my heart flutter and I wanted to share.  It doesn't get much easier than this.

I didn't actually measure anything, but went by taste.  I took the entire bunch of garlic scapes and chopped into small pieces.  Experiment and work this recipe to your taste. Garlic scapes have a mild garlic flavor which adds something special to many dishes. You can use this pesto basted on fish, chicken or beef, mixed with quinoa and vegetables or just slice thin as a scallion and add to any dish!


Garlic Scape Pesto

Garlic Scapes
Almonds
Parmesan Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Add the first four ingredients to your food processor and slowly add in the oil until you get to a consistency and taste that makes you happy. 


If you love garlic you will love this pesto even more!  The flavor is soft and easy while the sweet taste of garlic lingers. 


I froze my pesto in a couple of batches and plan on using with pasta and tomatoes once they finish growing! What will you do with your pesto?



Fino a quel momento (until that time)
 
LID

No comments:

Post a Comment