Friday, July 2, 2010

Braised Hakurei Turnips & Radishes - In a mustard sauce?

This week in our e-mail from The Food Project, http://www.thefoodproject.org/, we received our list of produce that we would be picking up, along with a recipe.  I love that they are working with the members to help create meals using the produce included each week.  For me, I had never used hakurei turnips in my cooking and appreciated the recipe.  Their recipe called for turnips, but since I also received radishes, I decided to add them to the pot.  Another easy, delicious, healthy dish...

Braised Hakurei Turnips & Radishes

Olive oil
1 lb. Turnips and radishes, quartered
Salt and pepper
1/2 Cup vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. Dijon
1 Tsp. Cornstarch

Saute the turnips and radishes in a hot pan with olive oil and brown for 10 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper while cooking.


Add vegetable broth, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.  Remove vegetables from pan.  Stir Dijon and cornstarch together and add to broth, stirring and cooking for 2-3 minutes. 

Pour over vegetables and serve.


I was a little hesitant with the Dijon, but it was tasty and once again, Jim devoured the dish.  I served this earlier in the week along with the spinach and watercress soup. 

Like I said, easy, delicious and healthy.  I could get used to this...

Fino a quel momento (until that time)

LID

No comments:

Post a Comment