Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The bags are getting heavier!

Even though it was considered the holiday yesterday, we were still able to pick up our produce for the week at the Lynn CSA farm share.  It's a nice feeling to get there early, see familar faces and not only get to ask questions, but have Bob or Mike share new information on the food we are picking up. 


This week I asked about zucchini flowers and Bob immediatly took me over to the plants, showed me the difference between male and female flowers (who knew?) and left me to pick what I wanted.  It turned out that our zucchini and patty pans were grown right there at the Lynn site.  I just added it to the already filled bags.  I actually now bring another bag since our package is growing each week in weight. 


Take a look at the beautiful food that I get to work with this week!  I am told our food is picked in the morning of pick up which leaves it as fresh as can be when we get there.  They were actually still picking the zucchini when we left.  It's the next best thing to having your own garden and what I miss most from selling our home and moving into a condo.  But hey, now I have the http://www.thefoodproject.org/ to help me get over it.



Have a great week everyone and I'll be back tomorrow with a couple of recipes...

Fino a quel momento (until that time)

LID

No comments:

Post a Comment