Thursday, March 18, 2010

Restaurant Week in Boston - How many dinners are enough???

Restaurant week or as it turns out - weeks, was a great invention.  Twice a year and for two weeks at a time, Boston restaurants come together and create three course (Tre Corsi) meals for a set price.  This way, us regular folks get to try fabulous restaurants and in turn, restaurants get to show what they are made of.  These days, it's also a way to show our support and do our part to boost our economy, if only a little bit.  You definitely see more people heading out to see whats new or different in Beantown. 

Day two of Restaurant Week, I headed into the City with my sister Susan (yes, the baby) to Sorellina's in the Back Bay.  We had a tasty martini, wonderful food and great service.  The only problem was Susan was still hungry when we left.  It must of been that crystalized, spun sugar they added to my dessert and forgot to add to her dish!  It was a nice touch.

Today, I went to lunch with Carole and Gayle.  We had tried to make reservations for dinner at Market by Jean-Georges in the W Hotel, but everything was booked throughout Restaurant Week.  So we did the next best thing and headed there for lunch.  We now know why it's so difficult to get a reservation.  First, the hotel is beautiful and modern.  Everyone who worked in Market treated us special from the moment we walked in the door until we left.  The service was great and the food incredible. 

As they poured the butternut squash soup into our bowl over the mushrooms and chives, I immediately wanted to take a picture.  Of course, I had my camera, but made the wise decision to leave it in my purse.  I recently heard restaurants are not pleased with people taking pictures of their food.  Anyone else hear that?  Regardless, It was as good as it was beautiful.  We felt the same for the main course and on to the dessert.  The warm chocolate cake with a perfect small scoop of ice cream went beyond expectations as a picture of beauty.  That was a great lunch with good friends and it made our day. 

Now I am thinking about tomorrow night with Annie and who knows what next week!  It's a good thing I have a loving husband.  I did by the way, make him blueberry buttermilk pancakes for breakfast...

fino a quel momento (until that time)

LID

No comments:

Post a Comment