Friday, January 24, 2014

Slow Roasted Grape Tomatoes


With our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) from The Collier Family Farms, I am researching and experimenting more and more with good results.  We recently had an abundance of grape tomatoes and I wanted to preserve some of them.  I found many pages with variations and this is what I pulled together.

Slow Roasted Grape Tomatoes

Ingredients:

3 or 4 cups grape tomatoes.  You can also use cherry or roma
3 garlic cloves - peeled
Olive Oil
Rosemary and thyme - chopped
Salt and Pepper - to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Cut tomatoes in half and place on a sheet pan with liner or parchment paper to make clean up easy.  Add whole garlic cloves and drizzle with olive oil.  Top with herbs and a little salt and pepper.



Bake for 2 and 1/2 hours until they are somewhat dried out.  These are so sweet tasting you might be eating them right out of the pan!  If you are not using them right away, add to a jar with additional olive oil and place in the fridge.  I made mine last week and used them today in on top of a veggie burger.



The flavor is wonderful and you can use them many ways.  Add to salads, fish and chicken dishes and as I did today with my burger.  You will make these over and over when they are in abundance and at a good price.

Have a great weekend.  I know I will...

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment