Sunday, August 25, 2013

Peach Salsa - It's the season!

We arrived back in Naples earlier this week and my number one goal was to focus on healthy eating.  I am amazed that after three weeks in Italy and a month in Boston, I am only one pound over what I was when we left in June.  With my list in hand, I headed to all my favorite stores in order to pack the fridge and pantry.  Today, I decided to make a peach salsa since I ate one right after my return and it was delicious.  I did attend a great class this morning at Sur la Table and think this might have given me the inspiration to get my creative juices flowing.

I gathered my ingredients and went to work.  


Ingredients

3 peaches - pealed and chopped
1/2 red pepper - chopped
1/2 small red onion - chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
1 1/2 juiced limes
2 teaspoons honey

Combine all ingredients and stir.  It is best to make this the night before to allow the flavors to blend but I made this only two hours before and it was very flavorful.  It will also keep for close to a week.


Tonight, I made this with fish but it would be just as delicious with a boneless chicken thigh or pork.  I had tilapia, lightly floured and and seasoned with salt and pepper.  I placed in a sauté pan with a little olive oil and butter and cooked for only two minutes per side on a high heat.  This gives it a nice crust which went well with the salsa.

With a side of grilled asparagus and tomatoes and a simple romaine salad, the big guy was quite satisfied and it took less than 20 minutes to pull it together.  Try it and let me know what you think.



Have a great week!

Un caro abbraccio (a warm hug)

Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment