Monday, May 23, 2011

Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins



On a recent shopping run to our local Costco, I picked up a large container of blueberries to have with my breakfast.  The only problem is that it's difficult to finish all of them before they begin to expire, so today I decided to make a double batch of these muffins, share with a neighbor, have a taste myself and freeze the rest for when our next "batch" of visitors arrive.


I found a recipe and worked it up my way.  Jim smiled as I can't seem to take a recipe and just create it.  I always envision something just a little different.  My way does not always work, but this time they turned out quite tasty.  They are also easy and quick to make.  I wish my mom was still visiting as I know they would have been her breakfast!


Here is my take on these healthy, tasty muffins that will give you a boost to your day!  


Ingredients:
6 ounces fat free vanilla yogurt
2 ounces applesauce
1 cup oats
1 Egg
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup blueberries


Preheat oven to 400


Add paper wraps to muffin tin or grease. (I use paper wraps)
In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, applesauce and oats.




In a separate bowl, mix the egg, oil and brown sugar and add the rest of the ingredients without mixing too much.
Fold in blueberries
Fill muffin tins




Bake for 18-20 minutes





While you do need to let them cool for a while, eating one warm is like a blue heaven.  Surprise someone you love with these for breakfast.  They will smile for days.


Have a great week everyone and remember, a good life deserves good food...


Fino a quel momento (until that time)


LID



No comments:

Post a Comment