Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chicken & Eggplant Parmesan with Spinach


I had a couple of very busy days this week and LOVED it!  I ended up with two events to cater, not only on the same day, but the same time in two different cities.  "No problem" she says...  It's been one year and I finally feel like a bonafide caterer.  Not that I haven't been busy, but today felt good, people liked the food and I learned a few things.  It's always a good day when you learn something new.

Once I finally arrived home I put a plan in action for dinner.  I had chicken tenders that I did not use from the VFW event and small pieces of eggplant that I would not use from the second luncheon.  I also had some fantastic baby spinach from Olivia's Organics that was calling my name. 

This dinner was so simple, it took 30 minutes!  This is a dish you can make in many different ways.  I just happened to have the listed ingredients in my fridge.  Look in yours one day.  You will be surprised what you find.  Of course I made enough for a full dinner table, but that only means we get to eat it again tomorrow. 

Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Chicken Tenders
Fried Eggplant
Shredded Mozzarella
Parmesan
Red Sauce
Baby Spinach




I heated the olive oil and put salt and pepper on the chicken tenders.  Since they were small pieces of chicken, they took only a few minutes on each side.  Once done, I removed and covered them under a foil tent to keep them warm. 




I added the spinach to the pan and watched it shrink before my eyes.  Three minutes was all it needed and I removed it to a plate and covered with foil.  In went the eggplant for a couple of minutes since it was already fried, small pieces and thin.  I just love thin eggplant as it almost melts in your month when you eat it.


I put the oven on 400 and put my dinner together.  A little sauce on the bottom, I cut the chicken up into even smaller pieces, cheeses, eggplant, sauce and cheese on top.  In the oven for 12-15 minutes!  Yes, that's it and it was fabulous.  I just love when meals come together this easy. 

Tonight I am looking forward to putting my feet up next to the tree with a nice glass of wine.  I earned it today!  Hope you all have a great week and give this a try, you'll be glad you did...

Fino a quel momento

LID

No comments:

Post a Comment