Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Valentine's Day Revisited

I know we are now closer to St. Patrick's Day, but I wanted to share a bit of my family.  Jim and I did not have plans for this "special" holiday.  I believe that after all these years, we don't need a holiday to share our love or feel the need to head out to a restaurant with a pre-fixed menu and too long a wait - even with reservations.

So, how excited was I when my sister Susan called and said she was thinking of taking Mom out for breakfast for Valentine's Day and asked if I had plans.  Who has plans on a Sunday morning?  Besides, It's always a good day when I get to spend it with anyone from my family and going out to breakfast is always a treat.

But no, get this.  It wasn't to go out, it was for ME TO COOK!  Yes, she actually said, "how would you like to make us breakfast?"  You gotta love her...  In any case, I do love to entertain and what a better way than to do it with Jim and at least part of my family.    So off I go working to create the menu from items I already had in the kitchen. 


I decided on Blueberry Buttermilk pancakes, Blueberry scones and a Frittata made with asparagus, goat cheese, roasted red peppers and basil.  Of course, we had a cappachino or two!   

Oh so good!

What a perfect way to spend Valentine's Day!  I had my love by my side, my mother and sister and most of all, I got to cook.  Life is good.  By the way, check out Mom.  At 81, isn't she lovely?  btw, as they were at the door leaving, my mother wanted to know what I used for the pancakes.  When I looked confused since it was clearly blueberries, she said, "no, what box?"  Are you kidding?  Only Eva...


Fino a quel momento (until that time)

LID

1 comment:

  1. ank you linda for the beautiful blog..even tho susan invited me out for breakfast. i got to have tre corsi, linda cook it. as you see in the blog. even the setup was superb.and i got to be with owner of tre corsi, the best. so everyone out there . you have to try tre corsi...she will accommodate you to the fullest.....love mommie eva.....

    ReplyDelete