Wednesday, February 10, 2010

175 Tastes?

As a team, Jim and I had a table at the 1st Annual Taste of Malden, held last week.  I say a team since Jim supports me every day and went with me so I could promote my business, Tre Corsi Catering.  This event was being promoted through the Malden Chamber so I made the decision to join the Chamber and set up a table at the event.  You see, Malden is our hometown and we recently returned after making the decision to sell our large home and move to a much smaller condo.

I had no idea what to expect and was told to bring "175 Tastes".  I made the decision to bring three - get it, "Tre" items for the tasting.  I made Onion & Goat Cheese Tartletts, Rosemary Polenta with Roasted Red Pepper and Aged Balsamic and rounded out the table with two different Chocolate Truffles.  We had Expresso and Raspberry rolled in crushed pecans.  Being the Italian I am, instead of 175, I made over 100 of each thinking it was better to be safe than sorry. 

My table was set up at home so I knew what I wanted to put - where.  My Mother monogrammed material for me with Tre Corsi Catering so everyone would know instantly who we were and I also displayed my packaging for our Biscotti favors.  Check - ready to go.  On the day of the event, we head to the hall early to set up.  How excited was I to see we were the first table!  Guess what?  I forget the tablecloth!  You know, the first piece of the puzzle...  I don't panic, but Jim freaks out.  I set up around it, leave and return at 4:30. 

The doors open at 5:30 and we are crushed with people!  They love our food and are trying ALL THREE!  I'm excited until about 6PM when I realize we will run out of food if we don't get strategic.  For the rest of the night I say upfront with a smile, "which would you like to try?" and that helped us get through until 8:30.  There were many great comments and plenty of cards and menus went with home.  Fingers crossed they call. 

Best of all, I had family and friends there to support me...

fino a quel momento (until that time)

Lid

3 comments:

  1. Food looks great I would love to try it all. My wife and I had a table at our Temple's Wine and Food auction last week sampling Port and Chocolate 5 of each from 60% Cacao to 90(inedible) and our Gourmet Dinners for 8 fetched 1200 each. I would love to make my living like you do what a great second career

    ReplyDelete
  2. l inda, you do such a beautiful job on your blog, showing ,your display of various foods. being your mom i appeciate the food you make , and i get to try it..with your ability to cook and bake..you,ve succeeded in the past. you will succeed again..everything you make , makes you want to go back for more. very proud of you. i tried one pepper and eggplant. very good ..... love mommie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Steve! It was difficult to leave corporate life, but I love following my bliss. And I love the RED SOX! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete