Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eva - The Matriach


Eva - you say the name and can't help but smile.  My Mother will be 81 years young next week and is as beautiful as ever, has a great laugh and uses it all the time.  How pleased was I last night over dinner when I laughed out loud and our good friend Robert said at that point I reminded him of Eva!

She lives her life focused on her "three angels" and is constantly praying to the angels above for our peace and happiness.  I know she feels that our upbringing could have been more motherly or structured, but we would not have become the women we are today if it were not for Eva.  We became strong, mature individuals that have her kindness ingrained in us and for that, I thank her.

Still today, Eva is working in her monogram business.  It may not be at the same level as 20 years ago, but it is still every day.  At her age she should be enjoying herself, having lunch with friends, shopping, etc., but no, it's work, work, work.

Over the years there have been numerous stories about our Mother that have made people laugh out loud.  The check problem, skiing in Ferryway Green, searching for her car in the middle of the night, to name a few, but the one thing that stands above it all is her love for her family.  She lights up my life........

fino a quel momento (until that time)

No comments:

Post a Comment