Saturday, April 2, 2011

First Farmer's Market Visit This Season



It feels like the season has officially begun!  Today I made my way to the 3rd Street South Farmer's Market in Naples for the first time this year and was pleasantly surprised.  Normally, the market is held in the parking lot off Third, but today it was ON Third!  Perhaps that's the way it is "in season".  We missed the big crowds since we arrived late, but ended up with better prices as a few places gave me a 2 for 1 deal.


What I love is seeing the variety of local organic farms represented as well as local artists.  We found bakers, fish mongers,  a soap and basket maker and like me, a pasta maker and an Italian chef!  There were many more stands and a fun place to purchase great produce as well as fabulous people watching.  I'm thinking I need to do a little research and just maybe begin to sell my biscotti on the weekends.







I think in season, we should head here first thing in the AM, grab our produce and a great piece of fish and dine on our lanai enjoying our new life.  Nothing beats fresh fish and a great meal unless you want to throw in a good bottle of wine to go with it.


Here I am picking up a few golden baby beets and eggplant and Jim took the picture.  I think the farmer was a little leery about the big guy.  


Here is a sampling of my take from the market.  I love the fact I can get all my produce each week and support our "new" local economy!  

Have a great week everyone!

Fino a quel momento (until that time)

LID


No comments:

Post a Comment