Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mid-Week Dinner Party Fun

Sista's - three very different people, yet the same.  One might have more maternal attributes from Mom (Eva) or Dad's blue eyes, but at the end of the day you know we are one.  We have not been able to get the three of us together, let alone our three (out of four) cousin's together since the 3Sista's Annual Christmas Cookie Day, so a dinner party it was!  Last week I had them to our home along with Momma and Auntie.  Michelle lives in Florida so while she gets the better weather, she misses out on all our fabulous fun.  It's also an excuse for me to cook and try new things.

We all sat at the table and laughed, caught up with everyone's busy lives, and ate.  The wine I chose for the evening was Italian (I know - you're surprised),  Ruffino IL Ducale and it went wonderful with the meal.

To begin the meal, we feasted on Venetian Sausage Bites and the Rosemary Polenta topped with Roasted Red Peppers, Shallots and Aged Balsamic.  I created the polenta appetizer for an event I had earlier this week and it's now being added to my catering menu.  I also made for the first time, Mushroom Cappachino which is a delicious frothy soup along with a Tre Corsi Salad.  Our pasta course was taken from a new cookbook I received for Christmas.  (one of the many)  Rigatoni Pugliese!  It was OMG good.  Homemade rigatoni made with my new pasta machine, spicy sausage, broccoli rabe, chickpeas, red sauce and lots of other goodness that had us all eating much more than we should have.  Believe it or not, we all made room, how I'll never understand, for the Mascapone Cheesecake with Almond crust for dessert and if that wasn't enough, I topped it with Nutella and cream.   I will happily provide any of these recipes if you would like to give them a try.

To some, it may seem like a lot of work, but for me - it's heaven.  Creating a meal for people I love makes the world go around.

fino a quel momento (until that time)

Lid

No comments:

Post a Comment